Tuesday 22 January 2013

Excuses, excuses, excuses...

One thing I have learnt over the past few weeks is that I am AWESOME at making excuses!! I have managed to make excuses for everything - why I can't excercise, why I can't eat healthy, why I can eat unhealthy when I have excerised and why I don't need to exercise when I have eaten healthy...

Time to face some cold hard facts...

Excuse: I am too tired to exercise/I have no energy
Response: Well of course you are 'too tired' you have sat around on your big butt procrastinanting all day - must be exhausting...when you exercise you feel better, sleep better and generally feel less tired - so just get off your butt and do it!!

Excuse: It is too hard to cook healthy food
Response: When your cupboards and your fridge are full of crap - yes it is hard - easy solution...replace the crap!! If you open the fridge to lots of fresh salad and vegetables then cooking healthy is so much easier!! And plan - standing at the fridge at 6.30 pm ummm and arrrring about what's for tea is a sure fire way to take an easy 'unhealthy' option - pizza, chicken & chips....

Excuse: I want to spend time with my family (therefore I can't exercise)
Response: this is a hard one because at the core - it is true - I do want to spend time with my family...however it is still an excuse!! Took me a bit of thinking to get to the bottom of this excuse however there are 2 parts...if I am overweight and unhealthy, I limit the time I can spend with my family long term (ie I shorten my own life!!) and secondly - I want my family to be healthy too...the solution - family exercise time!!

Excuse: can't have fun being healthy - particularly drinking
Response: this is pretty confronting - something I really need to own!! For as long as I remember - a few wines after work has been the norm and then the weekend consists of a few bottles of wine!! I am still grappling with this...but I did a bit of research and found for a 200 ml glass of wine - that is 135 calories which needs about a 30 minute walk to burn...I also found alcohol are 'empty' calories - this means there is absolutely no nutritional value!! So I have concluded I can not lose weight and get healthy whilst I am still pouring wine in... (at the moment, I have reduced my wine intake and started replacing with soda water and lemon - however I still crave wine...any ideas welcomed!!)

These are just a few of the excuses I have identified...no matter what the excuse they are blocking me from my ultimate goal - to find my bikini bod!!

Well the time has come to own these excuses and put them to bed once and for all!! The time is NOW...

No comments:

Post a Comment